Liverpool v Everton

Home Forums Latest Matches Liverpool v Everton

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PeteYoung 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
March 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm #3247

Watching the Mersey derby and the 1st thing I notice is that when the ball came out 2 the left wing and landed at the feet of Stewart Downing, about 25yards from the goal-line Andy Carroll who was standing on the left side of the box about 10yards from Downing just turns and runs 2 the other side of the penalty area 2 get the ball aimed at the back post, which is what he does 98% of the time the ball goes 2 either wing!!! Well has nobody ever taken him 2 one side and told him all the gr8 strikers go 2 the near post 4 crosses from the wing? Or has he not surely heard any1 saying this on the box cos I always hear it. This 2 me is the main reason he is struggling 2 score as many as he should and 4 that fact why Liverpool r struggling 2 put as many chances away as they should as it’s oh so obvious that 4 one Stewart Downing more often than not hit’s his crosses in quite low anyway so if Carroll was on the move at the front post, at least 50% of the time he would 4 sure get more chances cos how many times does the ball get cut out from a defender on the way 2 the back post anyway, loads!!!!! And if I was at Liverpool that is exactly what I would b demanding from Carroll, head 4 the near post 4 crosses coming in from the wings! U will get more joy that way, trust me!

March 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm #3251

You are so right – Carroll’s positioning and movement is shcoking. I cannot believe he still gets game time at Liverpool, although in this case the match was won and done before he came on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.